Water Conservation in Bear Valley
The good news is the lake will warm up for swimming earlier this year. The bad news is that may happen because the spillway will stop flowing soon. The lake reached capacity and started spilling on April 7, but it won’t last for long after this low snow season. To keep the lake full for recreation, we need to conserve water. Here’s how you can help.
- If you notice water surfacing or flowing where it shouldn’t be, please contact us through NextDoor or 209-753-2409 so we can investigate and fix quickly.
- Comply with Bear Valley CC&R’s that “on your lot only native vegetation, shrubs and growth shall be permitted.” Established native vegetation doesn’t like being irrigated, so outside watering is limited to only newly planted natives that are getting established.
- Follow these state-wide use prohibitions that are still in effect.
- No applying water to outdoor landscapes that causes runoff onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public walkways, roadways, parking lots, or structures
- No using a hose to wash motor vehicles unless the hose is fitted with a shutoff nozzle or device that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use
- No applying water to driveways and sidewalks – Time to get a good push broom or electric blower!
- No use of a water in a fountain or other decorative water feature, except where the water is part of a recirculating system
- No applying water to outdoor landscapes during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall
- No use of potable water to irrigate outside of new construction without drip or microspray systems
- No use of potable water to irrigate ornamental turf on street medians
- No filling or refilling ornamental lakes or ponds except to sustain existing aquatic life
Start your conservation practice now, because by 2023 California laws will set a residential indoor use target of 55 gallons a day, per person. Also, with every meter reading, we get alerts about leaks at the service location. If we send you a leak alert email, please investigate and fix the leak as soon as possible.